Introductions

 Blogs became a thing many moons ago when I was probably in my 20's .  It's really somewhat odd and yet telling of our current state of life....That we would pour our hearts out on the internet.  And yet, here I am.

I've been keeping all sorts of journals these days;  Paper, typed, video....you name it, whatever it takes.  

So who the hell am I?  Good damn question.  Let's start with some obvious stuff.

I'm Allison, but those closest to me call me Allie.  I'm a 43 year old mom of 2 little gals who are more than I deserve.  I'm separated from my husband since January 2020.  It's weird to write that.  Anyway, by day I'm a meeting and event manager, but my passion/dream job was to be on Broadway doing musical theater.  Second runner up was an L&D nurse.  I'm overweight but stupidly healthy by the numbers (A1C etc).  Frankly I think that pisses some people off (and by some people I mean family).  I'm trying to understand intuitive eating and the Healthy At Every Size movement.  Don't get me wrong, I need to work on living a healthier life, I'm just not fussed on the size of my pants anymore.  

Despite this last 18+ most having my world turned upside down with COVID and a crumbling marriage, I have found that I have the most fantastical tribe.  There are 3 people that have known me forever and a day, and I refer to them as my "north stars".  See, as can often happen I lost myself over the last several years.  I don't blame anyone, it's on me.  But they have been helping remind me who I was at my core, back before "life" when I was still pure of heart.  Along with several other friends they are blessedly helping me find my internal compass again.

And so that's where I'm at right now.  Here we go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm fine until I'm not

Unsubscribed

Come walk with me